Comic Relief and UK Community Foundations have launched the “Core Strength - Local Communities” grant programme which will fund small locally led groups working in communities across the UK.
Grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 are available under the following outcomes:
- Connected communities - seeking to improve inclusion and cohesion in communities.
- Productive communities - investing in local residents to help them solve the issues they are facing using local people and resources.
- Empowered communities - working to empower marginalised and disadvantaged communities.
To be eligible for a grant, organisations must meet the following criteria:
- Have an annual income of £100,000 or under for the last full financial year.
- Have been running activities for at least 12 months.
- Be working in a disadvantaged or deprived area.
- Have limited access to other sources of income.
- Clearly define the need they are addressing.
- Clearly demonstrate the benefit of their activities to local people.
- Illustrate how they aim to deliver social outcomes.
- Provide clear evidence that the services they provide are inclusive to all.
For more information please visit the website: http://www.comicrelief.com/apply-for-grants/open-grants-initiatives/core-strength-local-communities